Friday, January 6, 2012

Goals for 2012

I have had time to sit down and reflect on what I want to accomplish in 2012.  I am trying to keep my goals simple and we will see what happens.

1. Finish some of my UFOs!  I have my Christmas quilt that has been in the works for 5 years or so plus several other kits I have purchased and would love to finish a few of them.  So my goal is to focus on my current list of projects instead of scanning pinterest to find more.

2. Learn to sew clothing. I have made a few things but one of my bigger goals this year to learn how to sew clothing from patterns and make myself some clothes.  I plan to start with simple pajama pants or dresses and go from there. Since I got a new Serger for Christmas, that will probably make the clothes making a little easier.

3. Learn to use a Serger.  See Goal #2

4. Reorganize and decorate my house.  I don't think I have bad taste but I have a hard time putting those finalizing touches on a room and bringing in accessories to make the room complete.  My goal is to first, go through my house and clean out and reorganize.  I usually do this once a year, room by room and it helps keep things sort of organized and gets rid of clutter.  The next goal is to add those things that make a house a home and bring a room together.  I plan to use Pinterest to my advantage here for ideas and inspiration.  I also need to do this on a very low budget and hope to find help online with that.

I think the first thing I need to do to work on the organization part of this is to find some free baskets and bins to help hold stuff and color them.  Craigslist and Freecycle, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment