Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quilts in My Home - Welcome Quilt

I decided to feature another wall hanging quilt this week and his quilt hang right by our front door (and bathroom). 



This simple Welcome hanging was made by my mom in September 2007 just after my husband and I got married.  I like the colors and its a nice splash of color in the entry way of our house.  We have a two story house with 20 foot ceilings so I like to use quilts to splash up the walls and add some color.

 B is very into letters right now so he loves spelling out Welcome.


My sister picked out the quilt hanger and we have the Texas star several places in our home.


As you can see, it is right by the front door (and bathroom).

I love how homey this quilt feels and also how my almost 2 year old has not somehow pulled it down yet.  I think he has learned to treat quilts with respect or he will feel the wrath of mommy.

2 comments:

  1. I always see those hangers and always think I might use one. I love that with the welcome quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt hanger is very nice and at Christmas time I switch out the Welcome quilt with a Christmas hanging using the same hanger.

    ReplyDelete