Monday, May 16, 2011

Reversible Toddler Bucket Hat

We have been having some actual decent and nice weather here in Texas and have been going outside a lot to play.  I made my son a reversible toddler bucket hat following a tutorial from Sew Much Ado.  The hat is designed for a 2T/3T sized toddler.  My first attempt was burnt orange and khaki.















My son has a bigger head and the hat fit but was a little on the snug side so last night I went and made him a large hat.  I took my previous pattern and printed it out at 115% perfect to make it bigger.  I was able to use some nice scrap fabric from my mom and did a blue and yellow plaid on one side and a navy on the other.  This time the hat is on the bigger side but he will grow into it and in Texas he could wear it almost year round.
















If I make him another hat for this summer, I will probably print the pattern at 105% or maybe 110% so that it will fit him better.  However, I am having trouble getting him to keep at hat on his head so I might hold off making another this summer and wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment