Monday, May 9, 2011

Reusable Swiffer Wet Jet Pads

Over the weekend I also made a few reusable pads for my Swiffer Wet Jet.  I read about a few examples online but basically came up with my own pattern. 

I took some old burp rags and cut them to 6"x12".  I did the same with a layer of mesh and some flannel
Next I sewed the mesh to the burp rag pieces and sew horizontal or vertical about every 2-3 inches to help the mesh stay on place. I think pinned right sides together of the flannel and burp rags and sewed around the edges leaving a 3 inch gap to flip the pads inside out.  After I flipped them out, I pinned the gap down and stop stitch around the edge.
I will add velcro straps to the flannel backing to help the pads stay on better in the next day or too after I go to the store and buy some velcro.






No comments:

Post a Comment