You might remember a previous post where I talked about some custom curtains that I made for a friend. I finally got a picture of them to show off and I think I did a pretty good job considering it was really my first time making curtains, much less curtains with a lining in them.
I did a white blackout fabric lining on the back. I love this photo of the back of the curtains and thought how the pink fabric would make a great border to a white blanket.
For the curtains I looked at several tutorials online and a few sewing books I had but came up with my own measurements. I thought the tutorial on ehow.com was one of the easiest to follow along as a guide for the lining part.
I am now tackling curtains for B's room. We just moved B (21 months) to a toddler bed and with that he is getting new bedding. I am using fabric from the Riley Blake Wanna Be A Cowboy 2 line.
The sheets are made of this:
The quilt will be made from this (minus the pinks):
And the curtains will be from this:
I was able to get blackout lining fabric at Joann's yesterday for around 80% off! I think I paid around $2.24 a yard instead of $7 a yard. I ordered the red horseshoe fabric from Fabric.com and with coupons and free shipping paid around $6.72 a yard for designer fabric, not too bad!