Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Faux Chenille Blanket

I finally finished the Faux Chenille Blanket that everyone else in the Crafty Sewing Mamas on BabyCenter has already made.  Part of the reason I didn't make it earlier was that I didn't have a need for one.  A few weeks ago at Joanns I saw they had their Halloween fabric on sale and their solid flannel on sale so I got the stuff to finally make the blanket.




I didn't read the tutorials online before I went shopping so I only got a yard of each material instead of a yard and a quarter but it is still plenty big for a little lap blanket for B. I had trouble getting the end product to be perfect straight and my binding isn't that great but its acceptable.  I didn't want to go buy binding so I made some double fold binding but was too lazy to cut it on the bias so I left the corners on this blanket instead of making them round.

I might a few more of these to have on hand for gifts but I wonder if making a simple quilt is faster than one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment